#dayofthegirl
Today is #dayofthegirl, and a few thoughts have occurred to me while thinking about this day devoted completely to girls.
Girls are important and powerful
No matter what anyone says, girls do have the power to change the world, and they are using it. Look at all the girls around you, and think about all of the amazing things they do. When I look in a small circle of girls I know, I see compassion, brilliance, and strength. I see future doctors, lawyers, teachers, moms, and so much more, but most importantly I see amazing girls that can do whatever they set their mind to. I am not into feminism at all, this means that I am not against it or for it, but I do believe that girls should be able to do anything that they want to do. In order for all girls to accomplish their goals, it does not take politics, it takes girls supporting girls, boys supporting girls, moms, dads, aunts, and uncles all supporting girls. Support is the number one thing that contributes to girls achieving their dreams. Girls are so important, and they have so much power.
Girls need to support girls
The stereotypical thing to think about when looking at how girls are treated is how boys and men treat girls. Although this is a huge area to look at, what I think is more important than this is how girls treat girls. Today it is more normal for girls to criticize everything they can about other girls, instead of embracing all of the amazing qualities that all of the girls around us posses. The girl world would be a COMPLETELY different place if girls commented on each other positively instead of negatively. I do admit I am guilty of criticizing other girls, and I need to work on it, but I can say that I am a lot better than some of the girls I spend time with. I think it is the worst thing ever when you go to hang out with a group of girl friends (girls' night), and the entire night consists of trash talking girls who aren't there. Every time this happens, I cannot help but to think that the second I leave the other girls will start talking about me. It is a terrible thing. Girls need to support girls. Real queens fix each others crowns.
My challenge to all girls: when you think something bad about another girl, find something to compliment them on, and if you can, tell them. You know as well as I that this will make any girl's day. I love it when other girl's compliment me!
Girls, you are all amazing. You are all unique and special in so many different ways. If you ever feel like there is nothing good about you, well one come talk to me because I will tell you how awesome you are, but also start to compliment girls around you. If you start doing this and spreading positivity, I promise that it will come back to you. Girls, you are freaking fantastic, don't you forget it.
Girls are important and powerful
No matter what anyone says, girls do have the power to change the world, and they are using it. Look at all the girls around you, and think about all of the amazing things they do. When I look in a small circle of girls I know, I see compassion, brilliance, and strength. I see future doctors, lawyers, teachers, moms, and so much more, but most importantly I see amazing girls that can do whatever they set their mind to. I am not into feminism at all, this means that I am not against it or for it, but I do believe that girls should be able to do anything that they want to do. In order for all girls to accomplish their goals, it does not take politics, it takes girls supporting girls, boys supporting girls, moms, dads, aunts, and uncles all supporting girls. Support is the number one thing that contributes to girls achieving their dreams. Girls are so important, and they have so much power.
Girls need to support girls
The stereotypical thing to think about when looking at how girls are treated is how boys and men treat girls. Although this is a huge area to look at, what I think is more important than this is how girls treat girls. Today it is more normal for girls to criticize everything they can about other girls, instead of embracing all of the amazing qualities that all of the girls around us posses. The girl world would be a COMPLETELY different place if girls commented on each other positively instead of negatively. I do admit I am guilty of criticizing other girls, and I need to work on it, but I can say that I am a lot better than some of the girls I spend time with. I think it is the worst thing ever when you go to hang out with a group of girl friends (girls' night), and the entire night consists of trash talking girls who aren't there. Every time this happens, I cannot help but to think that the second I leave the other girls will start talking about me. It is a terrible thing. Girls need to support girls. Real queens fix each others crowns.
My challenge to all girls: when you think something bad about another girl, find something to compliment them on, and if you can, tell them. You know as well as I that this will make any girl's day. I love it when other girl's compliment me!
Girls, you are all amazing. You are all unique and special in so many different ways. If you ever feel like there is nothing good about you, well one come talk to me because I will tell you how awesome you are, but also start to compliment girls around you. If you start doing this and spreading positivity, I promise that it will come back to you. Girls, you are freaking fantastic, don't you forget it.
<3 Jamyn
Comments
Post a Comment