Thank You 2020
2020
Since I was old enough to comprehend what the year 2020 was, I couldn't wait for it. I knew that 2020 was going to be the year that held so many bittersweet endings and so many new beginnings. I knew that I was going to turn 18 and become an adult. I was finally going to graduate high school, younger me didn't comprehend that I still had a whole lot of education to go through, lol. I was going to decide on a college of my choice. The most dreaded though, I was going to move out and away from what has always been my home. I was so excited, and I looked forward to all of the huge changes and experiences that I would get to have during 2020.
What I didn't know, was that 2020 was going to hold a lot more changes than just the ones that I expected. I think the best word to describe this year is 'unprecedented.' So many things happened that no one would have ever even imagined. How were we supposed to know that when we left school for spring break that we were never going to go back? How were we supposed to know that our senior prom would get cancelled? How were we supposed to know that we wouldn't get to walk across the stage and get our long-awaited diplomas? We weren't. No one was. We are told to wear masks in public and social distance. We are told to avoid our families and friends, even on Thanksgiving. We are told to have zero physical contact, except with the elbow you sneeze in, of course. It was a year full of confusion and irony that no one enjoyed, even a little bit. But, we made it. The year that will most likely go down as the worst year of everyone's lives.
While this year was full of a bunch of stuff that I definitely could have gone without, I can't help but to be thankful for everything that I have experienced throughout the year. So, while most people talk about the bad parts of the 'worst year ever,' I wanted to share some of the highlights from the year that I have looked forward to my entire life.
January
January was full of playing in the snow and watching Whitney play basketball. I also took my winter senior pictures and spent a lot of time with my family.
February
February was birthday month. Need I say more?
March
March was so much fun. Amaya and I went to state in Boise, where we ate a lot of food and did a little shopping. It was also the last spring break I would go to St. George before St. George was my new home.
April
In April we had our senior drive-by to show love to all of us who didn't get to finish our senior years. I also had my first lake day of the year with my family.
May
May was the second-most emotional month of the year. I graduated high school with Summa Cum Laude honors, after a long, stupid process. We had a BBQ with my family for the day and then we had our drive-in graduation ceremony. That was definitely unprecedented.
June
In June we got to have a belated, fake make-up prom, which was so exciting. I got to go with my best friend, Zak. I also took a little girls trip to St. George with the Waite girlies.
July
July was spent in the sunshine. I took a two week trip to Jackson Lake with my family and the Sanders. I also hiked Goldbug and escaped death multiple times that day....and crashed my *new* car. No like seriously, I had just got the wheels put on the day before.
August
August was the MOST emotional month of the entire year. I don't think there was a day that went by that my mom didn't bawl her eyes out. I spent the month fitting in everything I could during my last few weeks of living at home. I also had to get everything ready to move. Then, I moved to college and it was so sad, but also the best thing of my life.
September
September was spent having so much fun doing all of the fun college stuff and finding the best people ever.
October
October was spent with Aniston. That is all. We became so close and did so much together. We even put sheets over our heads and went trick-or-treating for Halloween.
November
November was a wonderful month spent being thankful and spending all the time I could with my family in St. George.
December
December was the month that I decided to take care of myself and do me. I spent pretty much the whole month at home. I got to spend so much much needed time with my family and friends. I got to be home for the holidays and Whit's birthday. This month set the perfect tone to move into 2021.
Bring on 2021
This year was so life changing and so much fun. It took so much, but it gave so much more. So, 2020, I don't think you will hear this much, but thank you. Thank you for giving me so many great experiences and memories. Thank you for providing me with multiple amazing opportunities. Thank you for giving me some of the best people I have ever met in my life. Thank you for teaching me so many lessons. Most importantly, thank you for giving me the opportunity to take care of myself and begin to flourish in my new life. I cannot wait to see the things that 2021 brings me, and I am so thankful for the tone that last month of 2020 has set for me going into the new year. So, peace out to the year I always dreamed of that went by way too quick. Happy New Year everyone. <3















Comments
Post a Comment